Hello lovers, since I have checked into boy-rehab yesterday, I thought it would be a grand idea to actually write about something worthwhile (that is NOT boys).
So yessers today’s post concerns acts of kindness and it is inspired by an event that I witnessed whilst sitting on the bus yesterday. There was a blind man with a guard dog waiting at the bus stop and he was asking which bus number is coming next to which people responded nicely I think. Then the bus in question came and everybody stormed off to get a seat on this bus. However, the blind man and his guard dog were left deserted and the dog couldn’t even lead the blind man because people were just walking all over the place scaring the dog. I could see the bemusement in the blind man’s face and I was upset. Why can’t people pay more attention to someone who would actually require it? Is it really that important to get that damn seat? Didn’t think so. So whilst I was condemning humankind for their selfish ways, one guy approached the blind man, took him and his dog by the hand and showed him the way to his bus. My hope in humankind returned at that very moment. As did my boy tourettes for that matter. But we are NOT talking about that….
So I thought to myself that this blog post will be dedicated to acts of kindness and making others happy. Quite obviously this will be done in list form. I have also made a playlist with purely happy songs that should inspire more bliss and kindness. BIG WORDS!
- Try to smile at strangers more often. You never know what might come off it plus it makes your face looks nicer.
- Try to talk to strangers more often, nothing to loose really.
- If you have a passion, try and go for it, don’t be afraid, life’s too short. If your passion is painting, do it! If your passion is cross-stitching, do it! If your passion is making out, do it!
- Always say ‘Thanks’ and ‘You are welcome’. It shows you have manners.
- Always help old people in the supermarket, cause they cannot reach the upper shelves. Always help short people for that matter too.
- Treat people the way you want to be treated. Always be friendly with people even if they are bitchy/ice-cold in return, cause you are not doing it for them, you are doing it for yourself! Karma is a bitch.
- Always think about the bigger picture and don’t get upset because of insignificant stuff. You lost your mascara, well it’s not the end of the world you know.
- Try to listen to people and not talk about yourself all the time. I know I do it too, but you might as well attempt to concentrate on something other than yourself for at least one hour a day.
- Perpetually compliment people on their face/clothes/socks/art/writing style/whatever. It makes them and you feel good.
- Hug people more often and show them that you care.
See ya laters. Love Linda