Monday 18 January 2010

I have boy tourettes

Hello loved ones, so last night I was watching ‘Donnie Darko’ and eating superbly delicious Toffee and Pecan cookies. Then something dawned on me. Like duh. Even though the movie deals with issues crucial to every human-being like depression, loneliness, insecurity and different perceptions of reality, all I could think about is how freaking hot Jake Gyllenhall is in it. All his fragile and deranged yet slightly menacing vulnerability totally got to me. Anyway, that reminded me. I have boy tourettes. I know, don’t say it.

Let me explain. I think I am a quite well-rounded personality. You know I can be funny (sometimes) and charming (less often) but at least I am always entertaining (in some way), but when it comes to chatting with my (girl-)friends, I don’t know any other topic that men. How annoying is that? Yes really annoying and I find it quite pathetic myself. We talk about holidays, I say how good a tall boy looks in a Hawaiian vintage shirt. We talk about football, I state how easy on the eye Freddie Ljungberg is. We talk about fashion, all I can utter is “Oh my dear have you seen that new Fred Perry model”…and yes, you guessed it, I am talking about the male model. We talk about art and I try and figure out which gallery is best to pick up smart guys. Anyway, you get the gist. It’s fucking pathetic. And I do realise that there is more to life than boys/men, but it’s like my brain is a one track mind to testosterone paradise and I cannot do anything about it. Grrrrr.

It’s like that scene in ‘Sex and the City’ where Miranda gets fucking annoyed because the other three only ever define themselves by the men they are with at the moment and then says something like “how is it possible that for three beautiful, successful and smart women the only topic they have in common is men, that’s pretty sad.” and then she storms right out of the café. I wish I could say: YES SISTER. But in reality it’s more like: Fuck that’s totally me, too. And I don’t want it to be me. I want to talk about films without necessarily mentioning the hot male lead role. Or talk about music without stressing how hot this new post-punk band look in their checked shirts. You know what I mean. I am going on a boy-thoughts-detox.

P.S. Before I check into boy-rehab, let me have this one last injection of hotness. See below.

Donnie Darko

See ya laters. Linda x

No comments:

Post a Comment