Thursday, 15 April 2010
Morning lovers. Today I would like to talk about phobias. I have for the last ten minutes attempted to find out whether the plural for phobia is phobiae as in persona - personae, but sadly I haven’t come to a coherent conclusion. So I will just say phobias if that’s okay with you. Alright.
I know phobias seem like a very untypical Linda topic but they are well interesting to blog about as we all have irrational phobias. I, for example, cannot talk on the phone, phone-phobia, which has never been diagnosed (as it probs doesn’t really exist) but I do have it. I also hate it if people touch my face or my feet, so maybe that’s another phobia.
Anyway, today I would like to introduce you to the 7 most colourful phobias one could have. Get ready Linda’s medical dictionary is well and truly on its way.
1. Anatidaephobia: Fear to be watched by a duck. Just fucking hilarious. Imagine being with someone near a lake who has Anatidaephobia. Hilarious, just hilarious.
2. Erythrophobia: Fear of red or blushing. I should have that fear, happens to me all the time. Damn.
3. Celtophobia: Fear of Celts. Just awesome.
4. Eosophobia: Fear of dawn or daylight. R-Pattz’s got a problem.
5. Caligynephobia: Fears of beautiful women. OMG mission.
6. Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia: Fear of the number 666. Now this one is special. Look how long it is.
7. Xanthophobia: Fear of the colour yellow. Now this might well be my favourite.
Laters lovers. x