Saturday 10 April 2010

Male Bonding



Morning lovers, this is my first weekend post. Special. It's about the dating game. Enjoy.

I get the distinct feeling that only girls get my blog. I keep talking to girls, who read it and they love it. And then I keep talking to guys, who read it and they hate it / don’t get it. That has to change.

I mean you know it talks about feelings (??) and fashion and how moods change (??) and my introductions are long and rambling (but funny I hope) and I frequently use Dawson’s Creek metaphors (male suicide I know) and my blog has a pink background, which probs makes it the least masculine blog ever, but really it was designed to be a guiding light for men.

It’s a blog to ‘teach’ them and to make them understand how girls (at least some) tick. So let me get back the declared mission of my blog and explain to men how to win a girl’s heart in 10 easy (non-confusing, precise, neat and most importantly non-threatening) steps. It’s like a pasta cooking recipe. Simple.

Do play hard to get, but don’t play for too long or she will get pissed off. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Do not ever say things like “Don’t hate the player, hate the game.”

Do show her that you care. Be understated but be sure about your compliments. Don’t choke her, stroke her (ego).

Do not be too macho, but do take the lead. Be active and engaging.

Do be honest about your intentions. Girls aren’t stupid you know.

Do not only talk about yourself on the first date, but do also talk about her. Talk about yourself more though if your life is exciting.

Do be quirky and geeky. Girls love that.

Do not be late or unconcentrated and do not check out other girls. That’s the beginning of the end.

Do wear clothes that you feel comfortable in. Be yourself. Don’t pretend. She either likes you that way or she doesn’t.

Do not let her pay for the drinks. At least not for the first one, be a gentleman.


Okay (male) lovers, hope that helps. Loving you from the bottom of my heart.

Laters, Linda x

No comments:

Post a Comment