Monday 5 July 2010

Tunited

Morning guys! What a match, eh, what a match?? Unbelievable.

Anyway, today I would like to talk about
Tunited. Tunited is a new music-sharing platform and because they are so terribly in sync with fresh new music, they have asked the master of all new music to be a tastemaker. And yes I am talking about myself. So now my face is all over their website, which is quite nice. They also asked me to fill in this 'tastemaker' questionnaire, which could be quite entertaining for you to read, too. So go and check out the site!



1. Vital stats – name, age, location, job, hair length...

Linda, 26, Bristol, Marketing and PR, shoulder length and hot blonde, open to be asked on dates...

2. In a tweet (no more than 160 characters), describe your musical taste.


I love everything from ghetto-tech to tropical indie to hyperdub, but I love Johnny Flynn the most. My favourite music is to be found in that space somewhere between bad R’n’B and great R’n’R. Currently I’m obsessed with JLS ‘One Shot’.


3. What’s the first gig you went to (when, what was it like etc)?


The first gig I went to was Ash in Berlin when I was about 16 years old, simply because I thought I was ‘Girl from Mars’. Still love that band.


4. What’s the most recent gig you went to (when, what was it like etc)?


Most recently I went to see Johnny Flynn and the Sussex Wit, which was magical. He truly is the best singer songwriter with an incredible presence and the voice of an angel. I also went to see Berlin punk-funk band Beatsteaks, who just blow the roof off of any venue. Thoroughly recommend both bands.


5. Finish this sentence in whatever way you want, “If music be the food of love...”


“If music be the food of love, I would be morbidly obese.”


6. Favourite band of all time?


Close call between Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster, British Sea Power and Joy Division.


7. Favourite band of right now this minute?!

Love The Drums (cheesy)

Love JLS (Simply embarrassing)

Love Sleigh Bells (rockin’)

Love Perfume Genius (fragile)

Love Kele’s solo stuff (dancey)

Love A Place To Bury Strangers (loud)

Love Zola Jesus (deep)



No comments:

Post a Comment