Thursday 6 May 2010

Motivational Speech



Hello teenage lovers, recently I have been doing some long and hard thinking. Sometimes the amount of random stuff just popping into my head confuses me.


The other day I thought about how one of those supermarket trolleys probs is the best value for money you can get. I mean look at these things and they are just £1. Surely it costs hundred times that much to produce one of them. Anyway tangent over. See what I mean though?


Today I would like to talk about how sometimes you just gotta step up your game. You get me(n)? Yes I know, I know we are all shy and riddled with self-doubt and all that, but life is too short to let those little insecurities take over.


Yes this is turning into a motivational speech I’m afraid. But sometimes, the Linda just gotta do what the Linda gotta do. Boom. So I thought of some things that might make you get up, get out there and do what you thought you couldn’t do!


First of all, it’s not a big deal, don’t be a drama queen! Yes I know right now it feels HUGE, but put it into perspective and realise that it will be fine. You are just a minuscule particle in the universe. It’s just a date. Just an interview. Just a hair appointment. C.H.I.L.L.


Don’t idealise people, because if you do they are not even real people anymore and they will eventually let you down, cause nobody can fulfil those expectations that you’re projecting girl. Yes I know comic boxer shorts suck, but we’re all just human, and I am sure your Primark bra isn’t the most pleasant sight either. C.H.I.L.L.


Personally, I would always recommend just talking to people! Yes, if you randomly talk to people about the weather, it might seem weird, but who cares. 50% will be wankers, but there’s a good chance that the other 50% will be well pleasant company / BFFs / lovers / future husbands / inspirations.


Stepping up your game also means just holding that gaze. Just returning that wave. Just thanking him for that compliment. I know I get shy too and blush, but it’s kinda cute, don’t you think? Whatever man, train yourself to do it, but don’t stare cause that’s just weird.


Celebrate awkwardness. Might seem a bit odd at first, but you just got to embrace that moment when he / she either thinks WTF? Or WOW! You can’t read people’s minds (sadly) so get prepared for that silence or that smirk, but also get prepared to be blown away by reactions you didn’t expect. You never know. But you know that you wanna know.


And one final tip to step up your game. Dress nice and smile. It’s so simple.


Now go out and share the love!


Laters lovers x



No comments:

Post a Comment