Tuesday 24 August 2010

When words fail....

Some days lyrics say more than words ever could. Today is a day like that.

Small things about you excite me
But then I'd hate to spoil the tone
All my little somethings just ran out of luck
Secret dates with strangers
Dirty words and fighting talk
I'm so scared it's killed me
Time and time again
I can't live with compromise
So maybe we could talk as friends?


Telling me to get my shit together
now I got my shit together, yeah,
Now I made it through the weather
better days are gonna get better


No one will answer your prayers until you take off that dress
No one will hear all your crying until you take your last breath
But you will learn to mind me and you will learn to survive me


When you've finally thrown up your hands, poured your heart out, yet nothing stands.
It seems our efforts are wasted but yet it hasn't been in vain.
Unfulfillment is killing you, seems like no one shares the same view.
We may have never met but it might be you who pulls me through.


You wrote me oh so many letters and all of them seemed true.
Promises look good on paper, especially from you, from you.
The weight of all those willing words I carried all alone.
You wouldn't put your pen to bed when we hadn't found our own, our own.


I noticed you.
You stood out like a sore thumb.
The most beautiful sore thumb I’d ever seen.


Don't hold on. Go get strong or don't you know there's no modern romance.

From my window I saw two birds lost at sea.
I caught our reflection in that silent tragedy.
But with hope prevailing I draw galleons sailing in full sail billowing free.


I wish you would, I wish you would
Come pick me up
Take me out
Fuck me up
Steal my records
Screw all my friends
They're all full of shit
With a smile on your face
And then do it again
I wish you would


I am about to start feeling and in no way did I plan to do that today.

No comments:

Post a Comment