Tuesday 3 April 2012

An Interview with my BFFs - Part 2

Hiya, I chatted some more about love and life with great people. Part one here


Is life too short to play the long game?
Yeah I think so. I believe we are at an age now where we are starting to contemplate about life as an individual and about life in general as well as our belonging in society, so that we should create clear rules and live by them (if we can). I ALREADY have the feeling that time is starting to speed up. We are already in our late 20s, that’s crazy.
Describe your character in six words!
Emotional, in need of harmony and security, rather inflexible, methodological, cooperative.
What’s the first thing that attracts you to a person?
With men. Their physique.
Why is this romance shit so complicated? Is it complicated?
Yes, it’s complicated, because two different people (differently educated and brought up people as well as two different genders – men and women are different) are colliding and trying to get along.
Up until now, what’s the most important thing you have learned about relationships?
If you want it to work, you have to talk. Lots. Even if it’s difficult. Talking to each other is crucial to understand what’s going on in the other person’s head. It’s not about changing that other person or about wheedling him into your way of thinking, more about acceptance. It takes a lot of getting used to and overcoming your fears of authentically translating your feelings into words. Patience is also important!
How do you know someone fancies you?
It’s in the eyes. Long and longing glances tell you everything. Glances so intense that you get embarrassed and have to look away.
Who or what inspires you?
I’m fascinated by what happens between people. It’s just so complex and multi-layered. I don’t exclusively mean relationships, but also relations between all people. The little connections between everything fascinate me, like cause and effect type of things. The older I get the more I can see these things.
What life advice would you give to your 16-year-old self?
Stick with your family and friends and be nice to them. Try not to lose composure all the time and think before you speak. Words can hurt.
What life advice would you give me?
Be open and positive when you meet new people. Don’t dismiss some people from the get-go.
What’s the difference between boys and girls?
Boys don’t always have to text or call to show they like a girl. Girls on the other hand need that constant affirmation that they are in demand in order to feel secure. Weird, isn’t it?
 

What’s the best way to be happy – enlighten me?

DIFFICULT! I revert to my previous answer. Once you understand this little facet, you’re happy. I also feel happy when I’ve got work to do and when I can be productive / create something. That satisfies me. I also like to meet friends. When you’ve got something to do, you don’t have time to ponder problems too much. 
Which qualities do you admire in others that you wish you’d possess yourself?
The way to express themselves well. The way to translate feelings into words. Flexibility. Being able to take criticism.
What are you listening to right now?
Biffy Clyro
Is there a mantra / belief you live by? What is it?
Only if you look far ahead, you’ve got scope to move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment